Friday, January 21, 2011

"If I just could"

Do you ever have days where you feel like, if I just could get through this day, I'll be alright.  Well, for me I can say, this has been one of those weeks.  Nothing seems like it has gone right.  My girls fighting and arguing with each other, my car messed up, feel like theres dissension between everyone I come across.  Late for school, late for church, disappointments that come with life that I have no control over, just life in general is hard.   This week Satin has been working on me hard.  I tell myself it's going to be okay, I know Satin is trying to tear me down, because I'm doing the Lords work and not his.  But, by the end of the day I'm totally exhausted from fighting him off. I found myself thinking where did I go wrong.  I met with Jesus this morning, spent time with him, prayed and asked him to lead me through my day.  I was finding it very hard to understand why my week has been so rough.  Satin, has tried so hard to attack my mind, which is what my post have been about for the week.  So, I talk with Jesus and I've asked him, why?  This scripture has been replaying in my mind and this is what I've held on to this week.  I posted this scripture on a earlier date.  Which was, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and minds through Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:6-7

The Holy Spirit kept revealing to me, that I do not need to get aggravated and mad because nothing has gone my way.  I need to keep praying and talking with the Lord and be thankful for my week even though it has not  gone how I wanted it to.  Jesus showed me others have it worse off than I do.  If I talk with the Lord he will hear my request and give me peace even though I may not have understanding of why things happen.  He will guard my heart and mind from satin's attacks.  Jesus wants me to trust him and even though I feel Satin trying to attack me, Jesus is still by my side through all of it.  Therefore, I feel this has been a test because of my earlier post about the mind.  So, instead Jesus has taken me on a deeper level of installing truth, his word not mine.  I believe we need to install Gods word in our hearts and minds.  This was my intentions but, now I want to start installing scripture in our minds and hearts.  One thing I have held on to everyday is Jesus is the same always, at the end of the day he is still with me and loves me.  He never changes.  So today I'd like to install this scripture which is, " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made know to God, and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your heart and minds through Christ Jesus".  Philippians 4:6-7

Write this down on a sticky pad somewhere where you can read it through out your day as a reminder that Jesus is with you.  Apply this scripture with all you do today.  Read it when you feel satin trying to attack your mind.  Pray and ask Jesus to reveal to you truth in this scripture.  Knock Satin down with God's word.

Please let me know how you handle Satins attacks.  This is what works for me.  I'd like to hear some of your thoughts.  Thank you to all my readers.  You are greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! I really enjoyed your blog. I used your devotional of being patient and know that God is with us all night Friday while at work. It was a good peace I had each time I said it thanks and keep up the good work!

    Love,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. That really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kelly this is just been so awesome for me because i am having really bad days here lately, my children have been sick alot and I dont have alot of help with them. I have been reading your devotions and I really am enjoying them and getting alot from them, Thanks and keep up the good work, Im so glad God is leading you in this. It is great. Keep them coming.
    dawn

    ReplyDelete