Friday, January 28, 2011

Trusting God

When we need assurance that our pain and hurt want last forever.  Scripture says, "The Lord is close to the broken hearted, he rescues those whose spirits are crushed.  Psalms 34:18.  God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.  Matthew 5:4.  When we go through hard times we can not expect the pain to go away immediately.  But, scripture says, "If you search for God with all your heart and soul, you will find him.  Deuteronomy 4:29.  This is the only way to find peace through hard times and the pain gets easier.  Satin will get in your mind and make you think horrible thoughts at times, especially when you are already down.  The way to solve this is immediately pray it out.  Say Lord, please take these negative thoughts and replace them with your word.  Scripture says, "This is the secret:  Christ lives in you.  This gives us assurance and we can share his glory.  Colossians 1:27.

I've  been struggling this week.  My dog, Jax has come up missing.  Now you have to understand this is not just a dog.  This is a Jesus dog.  I've never had one like him.  He's so awesome.  Jax has been gone for a week now.  He will be on the front page of the Greenwood commonwealths Sunday paper.  My girls and I love Jax so much.  He is like one of my kids.  He did just about everything with us.  He went with me on my paper rt, to friends houses, to take kids to school, waited on kids at the end of drive way to get off bus, he did everything with us.  Jax is my best friend.  It breaks my heart that he is not with us anymore.  I have know idea where he is.  I've looked everywhere.   I don't know if hes dead or alive.  I believe someone has him.  If I'm right I pray to God they are treating him as good or better than I did.  He is very spoiled. 

I have to admit I was mad at God for allowing this to happen.  After I got through having my own little pity party and realized I was only hurting myself more by doing this.  I asked the Lord to forgive me for being mad at him and he did.  Then I just gave all my grief over to God and asked for peace with all of this.  I have my peace and joy back.  I still miss Jax like crazy.  I realize things happen and we have no understanding why they happen.  We have to trust God anyways.  In 2 Corinthians 4:18, It states, "we are not to look at the troubles we can see now, we fix our gaze on the things that can not be seen.  For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we can not see will last forever."

1 comment:

  1. First let me say, Im sorry about Jax and as you stated things happen for a reason. Im so glad the Lord is close to us especially when we are at our weakest point. I know that he has carried me over and over, so many times. I know Christ lives in us. Im so glad he is with me 24 hrs a day 7 days a week. I know I need him. Your blogs are wonderful, I have felt peace through them, please keep up the wonderful word from OUR LORD JESUS.

    ReplyDelete